No company is immune to fraud. Did you know that 5% of annual revenue is lost to internal fraud each year? On average it take about 18 months for fraudulent activity to be detected and studies show that smaller organizations tend to suffer disproportionately. *
Do you trust your employees?
Most people do and rightly so because the majority of people are trustworthy. Unfortunately, some people, even the good ones, will steal given the opportunity.
There are a few easy ways to prevent fraud from impacting your business today
- Strengthen your hiring process and require employee background checks
- Be proactive: engage in the company’s financial processes
- Never give one person total control of checks, bank accounts, payroll and/or purchasing
- Conduct a fraud risk assessment
R&A CPAs can help your organization implement controls to minimize losses. Our anti-fraud professionals are members of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, the world’s largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. We work with companies to prevent fraud or to investigate potential fraudulent activity already occurring.
If you are concerned that your company is the target of fraudulent activity, our professionally trained fraud investigators can
- Evaluate internal control systems
- Design customized internal controls
- Perform corporate investigations
- Reconstruct accounting records
- Calculate lost profits and fraud damages
- Conduct pre-trial investigation
- Provide expert witness testimony
- Analyze financial reports
*Source: ACFE Report 2014